Monday, November 16, 2015

week 8

This week was pretty much easy and comfortable. It didn't help that the weather was bipolar and it was raining but it was a pretty lenient week. I was expected to do the usual duties like receiving packages and sending them off to get repaired or sent back to the inventory. I kept the excel sheets updated of the inventory which were returned, exchanged or repaired. This week definitely consisted of a lot of research to create inspiration boards. My boss wanted me to look up 1920, 1930 and art deco themes. I was unfamiliar with these themes besides the one time I watched Great Gatsby. It was definitely fun and inspiring to look up these jewelry themes. It probably took a lot more effort to put them all in Indesign and organize them to different categories. But it was definitely worth it knowing that my boss will use these as inspiration for her new spring and summer collection for 2016.

3 comments:

  1. I think that it's so cool that you get to work on the designs of the collections from the very start. You will eventually get to see the whole thing come to life after all the hard work you put in for it to get there. That will be such a rewarding feeling! It seems like Pres Tech is helping you successfully finish a lot of the requests your boss seems to have for you which is awesome. Can't wait to see more of what you help create.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you work with jewelry! I think that is so unique and interesting. It must be awesome to learn about how much jewelry has changed over time and continue to change. Its awesome that you get to work with the jewelry from the very beginning and help create it. I can't wait to see and read more about your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is great when we can use what we learned in classes and use them during Co-op! That sounds like an interesting assignment to research the Art Deco period and then create inspiration boards that your boss will use in their future collections. You will always know that you helped with that creation.

    ReplyDelete