Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Week 10

The events in Maryland this past weekend were a lot of fun. Thursday I got to the store where the event was going to be held and had to help get everything set up and ready for that night. I helped bring things in and out of the truck my boss drives for wholesale and helped clean and set up the store. The event and trunk show started around 4:45 pm where VIP guests were invited to a cocktail party at the restaurant across from the store. During that time, I was in the store assisting people and changing the model every 20 minutes or so. Since this store was in my hometown, I ran into some familiar faces and even saw my friends mother working at the store. It's such a small world! Then, the cocktail party moved to the store where people were trying clothes on and buying items while the press and other bloggers were roaming around the store. Finally, Nicole Miller showed up and it was so cool to be able to see her in person. Unfortunately, I was really busy, and the store was super crowded, and didn't get a chance to meet her. The night finally ended around 9:30 pm and my boss and other women who I work with went to the restaurant across the store and ate a late dinner. 
The next day was a lot slower and not busy at all. It was another trunk show and I just ran some errands for my boss and then helped them load the truck back up with our Nicole Miller samples. The pictures below are a little sneak peak of the inside of the wholesale truck. Unfortunately, I was unable to take a picture of the store and the event and I'm really disappointed about that because it looked so pretty! 

Wholesale Truck (pt. 1)

Wholesale Truck (pt. 2)

4 comments:

  1. Hey Syd! I love hearing about the events that you are able to work and attend. They seem super cool! It's awesome that you get to travel with your co op to Maryland. It must have been really cool to work with models and also run into some people you knew. The samples in the wholesale truck look so colorful and beautiful! I hope that you are loving co op!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so nice that you were able to go back home I'm sure it was nice to see some familiar faces. The trunk show also sounded like a lot of fun. It's great that you have been getting a lot of experience and have been busy with work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sydney! It sounds like your Trunk show was a success. It was also nice for you to travel to your hometown and be in familiar surroundings. I'm sorry you did not get to meet Nicole Miller in person but at least you did get to see her at the trunk show in person. It was a great opportunity for you to attend and help out, especially helping with the models.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Syd, that sounds like a really great event and how lucky that is was right in your home town! I'm sorry to hear you didn't get to meet Nicole Miller herself but it's so cool you were in the same room as her! Hopefully you had a really great time at this event!

    ReplyDelete