Friday, November 27, 2015

week 9 &10

I was given the daily tasks of getting packages and sorting them back to inventory or repair. Like the usual, I was ordered to open up packages and keep log of the items that were received for repair or return. This week I got a lot of stylist pull returns which was pretty cool to see what magazines used the jewelry for their spread. Other than keeping track of inventory through received packages, I was also in charge of keeping track of the new collection. I had to figure out the missing pieces and send new pieces to the people who put the designs together. It was interesting to see the process of putting the jewelry together. My boss also gave me an interesting task of creating several email subscription layouts. I collected images from the website and used my resources to pull together 4 layouts. I used Nordstrom, Macy's, etc as inspiration for the layouts. It was fun to use my own ideas to create designs on InDesign. It's exciting to know that my designs could possibly be a part of the email subscription or as an inspiration. As this company is becoming bigger, it's exciting to see the growth of this company even as small as sending email subscription advertisements to customers.

2 comments:

  1. That's really cool that you got to do/help with the email layouts! I've done that for my co-op and it's really nerve wracking to think that your work is being blasted out to consumers! Still, that's what co-op is for and I'm sure your work is great, especially considering that you're looking at some solid inspirational material. Hopefully the email design program you're using is more user friendly than the one I use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah, it is great to hear that you are working in all different areas of the company. It must be such a great learning experience for you especially to know that you are benefitting the company with your work! I hope you are enjoying your coop so far!

    ReplyDelete