Thursday, November 19, 2015

week 9

This week was a bit slower in the office. We are working with some new brands and getting a ton of shipments into the office. I have been helping the fashion team hang up all of the samples and steam them. I also am in charge of adding the samples to the inventory. Along with the samples, came tote bags that we sent as gifts to editors and bloggers. I was in charge of the gifting. My job was to write personal notecards, wrap each sample, tie bows, and take pictures. I have always loved arts and crafts and really enjoyed decorating the gifts.

I really feel like I am getting more comfortable around the office. I know exactly what to do and where everything is, which makes me feel like a hard worker. I am getting really close to my boss and to the other interns and workers. I really enjoy going to work everyday because it is such a great atmosphere. I'm excited to see what other events are in store for the next couple of months.

5 comments:

  1. The work you are doing around the office sounds fun, as I too enjoy wrapping gifts and decorating them. I am excited for the holidays so that I can begin doing that again! I think it is important to feel comfortable in the environment you work in and think that it is great that you get along with your boss and coworkers. It sounds like you have a lot to work forward to and some hard work ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good that the work you're doing isn't too strenuous for you and that you actually enjoy it! Personally, I love wrapping gifts and hand-writing nice letters because I feel like it shows that you really put a lot of thought into the gift you're giving. It is also really great that you are enjoying the people there. It might seem like it's only important to like the work, but really if you don't like your boss or coworkers, your job would be much less enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im happy to hear that you have been getting more comfortable with the office! I know how intimidating it can be when you begin a new job, but it sounds like you are doing a great job! Also, your friendly work environment is a big help as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with Diandra! It's definitely intimidating at first when you start a new job but I'm so glad you're loving your co-op. It's so nice to have such a great relationship with your boss and it really does sound like you're working hard. It'll definitely pay off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sam, it is such a good feeling when you finally start to get the hang of things around the office! Although you are very busy but your work seems pretty fun as we get closer to the holidays. Hope you continue to have a great experience at coop!

    ReplyDelete