Saturday, November 7, 2015

week 7

This week at Bollare consisted of sending out the spring samples to the editors who came to the preview. They took pictures of the new clothes and accessories that they wanted to borrow and use for shoots. This week, my job was to inventory all of the new spring clothes into the system. I have to take pictures of each item and write the name, style number, color, and size. It is really cool to be able to see the spring designs before anyone else is able to.

At the end of this week, Bollare held a halfway checkpoint meeting for all of the interns. We met in the conference room and each employee told us about their experiences in the industry and gave us tips and advice about how to be successful in the industry. They each told their story about how they got to where they are today. It was extremely interesting to hear about how young girls get jobs in the industry. They each gave very helpful advice that I will use for the rest of my life.

I am also enjoying exploring and living in New York City. The fall is a beautiful season to be here for because the weather is perfect and everyone is outside. This week, I visited Central Park. The trees were colorful and leaves were falling. I also went to an amazing restaurant in SoHo with my family. So far, I am really loving my co op and living in New York City.


3 comments:

  1. That's great that your company allowed time for a checkpoint meeting and you got to hear advice from the other employees! I'm sure that was very insightful considering they've accomplished what we've set out to do.

    And I agree, the weather here in New York has been great! Almost like summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam, it honestly sounds like you're making the absolute most of your time here! It's really awesome that the employees gave you such helpful tips for the future, I love hearing things about that. I can't wait to explore the city some more as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're taking the time to explore the city and try new restaurants! It's great that you're loving your co-op so much - I feel like you're enjoying the best of both worlds in NYC and back at school when you come visit! I agree with Sarah and Meg, it's so nice that the employees gave you all feedback and told stories about their experiences. Same with you, I was able to view the Nicole Miller line in the beginning of September before they even came out and it's so cool to be a part of that! I'm glad you're having such a great time on co-op!

    ReplyDelete