Thursday, October 11, 2012

Reports, reports & more reports!

Last week was actually the slowest week so far for me, I even got a chance to work on homework!  The reason for this is that it was Golden Week in China and workers there receive the full week off.  Also, the Spring 2013 collection was in Europe for Market, so there wasn't a ton to do.  However, even though the new collection wasn't currently in the office, the Production team works on multiple collections at a time.

This week I have been working on creating new reports from scratch.  It's a little nerve wracking since it really is just me responsible for them.  I just finished creating an IMU report for Pre-Fall 2012.  An IMU report is basically a variance analysis report.  It compares projective costs to actual costs of each specific style and includes the reason why there is a difference in cost.  This report is created after the collection has already gone into production.  Usually the main cause for differences is the cost of fabric and yield amount or whether or not production has switched from overseas to domestic.  Cost of labor is sometimes a factor as well.  I will most likely have to create new IMU reports for the following seasons too.

Along with creating reports, I am currently working on creating a Final Cost book for Fall 2012.  This is conducted after all costs have been finalized.  I just need to put this book together for our records.  I just began a new project where I must input all of the style data for Spring 2013 into A2000.  A2000 is the program we use to compile data on every single style from every single season.  We can create P.O.s, look at cost and track production samples to name a few things.  That being said, it is extremely important to double and even triple check all work.  Even though I'm just an intern, I actually am responsible for a lot and I know people rely on what I do.

Tomorrow is the Fall 2013 Bridal show, and I'm hoping I can go to that show as well.  However, I have a feeling I probably won't be able to since I don't work in Bridal.  It's incredible to see the pattern makers working on the multitude of gowns in the office though.  They definitely have a lot of patience!

Until next time,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment