Saturday, October 13, 2012

Week 3 of my Co-op Experience

This week at Full Circle Group was VERY busy and I really began to see the amount of work that needs to be done for the fall/winter seasons for a company like The North Face. In the beginning of the week, I learned how to place orders. As you all probably know, everything in the fashion industry works at least a year ahead of time, so the orders I was placing were for Fall Transition 2013 (they will be shipped out sometime in late June). Some of the accounts do their own orders, while some of the accounts will write their orders and fax it to us for us to place the orders for them. When placing orders everything has to be done PERFECTLY, so it's very important to recheck everything. There were times I couldn't read the quantity, or the style code or color code was incorrect so I would have to call the store and speak to their buyer to get the order straightened out. The rest of the week I continued to unpack, scan, and organize Fall 2013 samples for the sales reps. There were some days where we would receive upwards of 50 boxes so the company brought in 2 of their old interns to help me work with the samples so we could get the boxes completed by the end of the week. It was very nice to work with the old interns because they had a lot of advice to tell me not only about the upcoming months at my job, but also were able to help me with any questions about Drexel's D&M program or even life after graduating from Drexel. This week was very very busy, but the work is very rewarding and something I enjoy doing (even if it can be repetitive at times).

3 comments:

  1. It sounds like you are doing a lot! And it all sounds very important! Is this something that you are interested in? Working from this end of a company?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, the work that you're doing seems really interesting! Placing orders definitely sounds intimidating. Personally, I know that I am always afraid of messing up especially when it is a job that is completely up to me. It sounds like there are a lot of variables and the fact that the style/color codes may be recorded incorrectly would make it easy to miss something. It's nice that you were able to meet past interns though! I am all alone, far away from my team even and it gets kind of lonely sometimes, especially not knowing what to expect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. To Victoria: I do like doing all this stuff, but I think in the long run I would like to do something more on the creative side and something more challenging, but I do love working for The North Face.

    To Lisa: Yes it was definitely nice to work side-by-side with someone this week for a change! I am usually working by myself as well.

    ReplyDelete