Monday, October 22, 2012

Polished for Pennies on Talk Philly

     This past Friday, Polished for Pennies was featured on CBS's Talk Philly! Vittoria and the P4P crew styled four looks highlighting fall trends for this season. And every look is under $100 head-to-toe! Although I wasn't involved in producing or styling the segment, I was extremely excited to get a behind-the-scenes look at the television world. 
     I modeled the "printed jeans" trend. Alongside me were Kim in the "Peter Pan collar", Shannon in the "equestrian" look, and Melanie in the "brocade" trend. It was eye-opening to see the long and laboring process that Vittoria went through to reach such an amazing outcome! I came into the process when I began trying on printed jean looks from a great assortment of bright and colorful fall garments. Even though I tried on a few different looks, we ended up choosing the first outfit I tried on, the "rocker" look. I felt extremely confident in these printed skinny jeans, flowy metallic top, statement necklace and killer booties. I loved the way this outfit made me feel powerful and comfortable in my own skin. 
     A few weeks after we tried on our looks, the P4P crew and models headed to CBS studios in Philadelphia to film the segment. I got an inside look at how the studio ran, and got to meet some of the producers, directors, and the on-air talent that interviewed Vittoria! When we finally got to film, all of our cues went smoothly, and we only had to do one take. Apparently, this is extremely rare for fashion segments, and we all felt so proud of the efficiency of P4P. This was definitely an experience I'll never forget. 
     If you missed the segment on Talk Philly, you can catch it here! And check out this awesome photo of the models, Vittoria and Talk Philly's Katie Fehlinger!


2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's so fun! That's amazing that it only took one take, too! It's really impressive actually because even in seeing the reels of film from shows at QVC, even though a lot of them are live and the hosts are seasoned professionals, mistakes still happen so that fact that you girls went on the show to model for the first time, that is something to be really proud of. You all look awesome! Were you nervous to go on TV? Do you think you would ever get into the TV business after this experience?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really exciting you got to be there! Do you think styling for television is something you would want to pursue in the future?

    ReplyDelete