Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Why Work in New York City


Growing up in Connecticut just outside of Manhattan, I have always been a huge fan of the city. This is the second time I have interned in New York, and I always seem to be finding new reasons of why it is such a great place to work, specifically in the fashion industry.

At my first internship in the fashion closet at a Magazine, it quickly became clear that the location alone would provide an ideal experience. I had the opportunity to navigate through the city to various designer show rooms. It was a first hand look into the possibilities of a career in the New York fashion scene.

At my current internship in the P.R. office of the BCBGMAXAZRIA New York showroom, I have many similar experiences, however I am also seeing a whole new side of New York and what it is like to work there. Being in New York allows the ability of many celebrity stylists or people of importance in the fashion community to stop by the showroom. It is really interesting watching them work and seeing how my supervisors interact with them. We still also get the opportunity to make drop offs throughout the city and see various work environments.

Working in New York has given me the opportunity to see so much of the fashion world, and also the opportunity to network and meet many people in the same field. I still have several of my contacts from my first internship, and am continually gaining more at my current one. I keep finding new ways that prove New York is the capital of fashion in the United States. 

No comments:

Post a Comment