Sunday, December 2, 2012

A Wish Come True- Slow Week

Hello everyone! The holidays are approaching and it is finally December! I am really looking forward to the eruption of holiday spirit everywhere!

I would like to start off and say that this week was a hard transition after the three day week last week. It was really slow and crawled by. I had to do a lot of printing out labels and pinning them to the costumes so they could be sewn in. It got really tedious to the point where I needed to take breaks and do other filing and invoices so that I would be able to get a lot more done. Steph and I broke down the booth by moving all samples that were correctly tagged out to stock and breaking down the lights and posters. It was a rough week in that respect.

Even though this week was extremely slow and tedious, I actually took this as a type of realization. Sometimes, work is truly work. As with anything a person does, there are steps in getting from one point to the other. In order to get the room ready for the photo shoot this week, I needed to be the person to break down the booth and get everything moving along in there.

On a more exciting note, I did get to sketch and swatch four custom orders! They were based off of our styles, but made into creatures: a spider, a mosquito, an ant, and a ladybug. I am not sure what kind of dance number the woman is planning on doing, but sketched out they looked pretty interesting!

Well, have a good week everyone! Break out your ugly sweaters and get ready for the holiday season!
-Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment