Sunday, December 9, 2012

The End In Sight


Two weeks- that is all the time I have left for my internship with the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce! Time has flown by and I cannot believe it is already almost over. With the end in sight, I now have to think about my goals that are left to accomplish before the experience ends. I have a few particular projects that I need to finish before I leave but there are a few other tasks that I hope to accomplish.
For example, I am having my boss look over my new resume. With the addition of this new experience, my resume looks drastically different from when she last saw it with my job application. I am hoping that she can give me her general feedback but also ensure I have accurately and to my best ability described this experience. In addition to looking over my resume, I will be asking for a recommendation. To be honest, I am not exactly sure how one goes about this task, but I am going to ask friends who have been in my shoes before to gain some insight.
Also, I will be writing a thank you card for my boss and for anyone that I established a significant relationship with in the office. Although one woman was not seen as my boss per say, she was definitely a mentor and even a “cheerleader” for me a work. I owe her a huge thank you!
Finally, I will be asking my boss for general feedback about my contribution to the department and position. I am hoping for constructive criticism so at my next working opportunity, I can do even better. I plan to ask, “What areas could I improve in?” “Was there anything you wish I had done that I didn’t?” And, “What is your advice for a young college student like me, what is your recommendation for my next step in my career?” The end is insight but there is still so much to be done!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that's crazy that your internship is almost over! Do you think that you've learned a lot during your time there? In two weeks, it will be 3 months that I'm at my job and I definitely have learned so much already and continue to learn more everyday.

    ReplyDelete