Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Best and Worst


As my final blog post for my internship with BCBG, I find it appropriate to highlight the best, and worst, times I have had throughout it. Overall, it was definitely a great experience, but New York can prove very challenging at times and there were definitely some obstacles.

Consequently, I would say my worst experience while working and commuting to Manhattan was when I was stuck on the Bolt Bus from six in the morning until eleven-thirty in the afternoon. This was one of the worst experiences I have had in terms of commuting and the complete frustration of it. Not only did we pass an accident, we also sat outside the Lincoln Tunnel for an entire hour, not moving at all. I was three hours late for work, and very uncomfortable from being on a bus for nearly six hours. My bosses were very understanding, and did not mind that I was late. I will never forget how terrible that bus ride was.

Now for the best, which is just as challenging to highlight as the worst, as I have had so many great experiences in Manhattan. Therefore, I find it appropriate to say that my greatest experience was Manhattan as a whole. I was able to explore the fashion district, see the art scene in Brooklyn, shop at fashion magazine stores, and buy divine ice cream sandwiches. All of this would only be possible to accomplish in a city as amazing as New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment