Thursday, December 6, 2012

Full Circle

I can't believe how fast this internship has been.  Fashion Week seems almost like yesterday.  This week I started and finished creating new cost sheets for Pre-Fall 2013.  What?!  I cannot believe I have been with the production team this long!  My first day I had to create cost sheets for Spring 2013 and then I immediately saw the runway show.  Normally for Pre-Fall and Pre-Spring (Resort), the collection is much smaller than Spring and Fall.  They are more consumer based and tend to pull similar styles from past seasons that have done really well.  They're tweaked a little though.  I'm finding that I really like this new collection a lot and would definitely wear almost all of the pieces myself.  I find myself leaning more towards skilled designers who are able to transition runway to actual retail stores.  I feel as though a lot of designers lose sight as to who their customers are at times and want to create the most crazy and innovative thing.  But what is the point of creating something if it isn't wearable?

No comments:

Post a Comment