Sunday, December 9, 2012

Treasure Each Work Day


Just as we feel that some weeks drag on longer than others while in classes, some weeks seem to be a bit more lengthy than others in work. To get through the more tiresome weeks, I have found the need to insert some excitement and inspiration into the workday. Here is a list of some activities you can do to brighten up your day at work or in class.
  • Take a walk during your lunch break.
    • I am very blessed to work in the center of Philadelphia where a lot of excitement happens. Window-shopping, park wandering, and people watching are all weekly activities for me.
  • Treat yourself.
    • Sometimes I will indulge a sweet treat or special Starbucks drink on my break to perk up my day.
  • Read a magazine/book.
    • I always make sure to take my full hour break because I need it to come back refreshed and ready to tackle my next task. To clear my head it is nice to use my imagination by reading a magazine or book, or perusing something entertaining.
  • Meet up with friends.
    • If I can plan it in advance, I will make lunch plans with a friend who also works nearby.
  • Decorate your desk.
    • Put inspirational quotes or fun pictures around your desk. Whenever you eyes need a break from the computer, glance at some happy thing.
  •  Listen to music.
    • I try to listen to music on my way to and from work. It pumps me up for the day and puts me in a great mood.
  • Wear a fabulous outfit.
    • Whenever I wear an extra fashionable outfit to work, I always have pep in my step and feel confident in my abilities. Also, I put extra effort into my hair styles or makeup. Never anything inappropriate for work but just an extra 10 minutes of pampering in the morning to feel great all day.
  • Use fun office supplies.
    • The book I use to take notes is inspired from Breakfast at Tiffany’s and my pens are bright colors. Inject some personalization and fun into everything you use!


Of course I must always remain professional, but it is also important to smell the roses along the way of your working experience. By inserting my own spin on office supplies or walking around the block while on my lunch break, I am being myself and treasuring every day. This makes me appreciate my job and myself more and therefore I put more energy and enthusiasm into everything I do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment