Sunday, December 9, 2012

Another Warm Winter

As my days in NYC are coming to a close, I'm really starting to realize how much I am going to miss the work I am doing there. I only have two more work weeks in the NYC showroom. I have met so many different people and learned so much. Everyday I meet store owners and buyers for specialty stores as well as big-box stores such as Macy's and Bloomingdale's, so there is definitely a wide range of people that I meet. It's very interesting to see how the economy and weather has switched up the outdoor retail game. That is always a topic of discussion between us and our accounts. Many people think it is odd that the weather is so warm, but aren't complaining about it. However, now that I work for The North Face I've never met so many people that wish for cold weather! Even though The North Face is such a huge brand, they are still being affected by the economy and weather in a huge way. Weather forecasts say that the weather is supposed to be cold next month, so we'll see. Hopefully it gets cold before Fall apparel goes on sale. Hope everyone had a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment