Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A Wish Come True- The New Year!

Hello everyone! I took the rest of December off from blogging, but a lot of fun things happened! December had two photo shoots, a luncheon, a holiday party, and lots of sample markers!

I was busy for all of December. Custom orders really began picking up, so I had a lot of sample markers to make-- these are the markers that I set up after the pattern maker makes the pattern for the specific style. I took a lot of pictures of the custom styles too! These were taken to send out to the customers so they could make any changes before it went to production. Also, I would place the pictures into costing so the marker makers in the other room could see the styles they were plotting.

I attended the A Wish Come True holiday party which was a lot of fun! I won a door prize: Sixers tickets! The rest of December was also full of holiday cheer and spirit. I only had the 24th, 25th, and 1st off from work, but I took off the 26th and the 31st. It did not really feel like I was missing out on having winter break!

Now that we are in 2013, we are getting a lot busier. Dance season is upon us and size sets for ANZ have started. I have started making size-set markers again. Today was very interesting. For color guard, we had a custom order that wanted a custom printed spandex for petal-shaped skirt pieces. The first roll that came in was not printed correctly in order for the cutter to match up. The second roll was correct but ended up being 4 styles worth of petals too short! Erika, my boss, and I sat for an hour cutting out 12 petals! My knuckles are sore, but hopefully the work will be worth it once the customer sees the finished products!

Well that is a brief synopsis of how co-op is going so far in January! I hope you all are enjoying your new year!

-Victoria

2 comments: