Saturday, January 5, 2013

Out to lunch in China


Smoking is allowed and done in the restaurants in China. I was treated for lunch everyday while at Bonsai. One person would order and everything would be shared. They always made sure the items ordered Louise and I liked. They were conscious not to order anything to foreign to us that we might not enjoy. I stuck to all the seafood, veggie and grain items though. Since any of my attempts to eat meat in Hong Kong did go over well for me.  But I enjoyed mostly all that was ordered..
Tea was always served right away and drank throughout the meal. It is served in a teapot with loose tealeaves. It is delicious and doesn’t need sugar or honey. All the restaurants in China look like banquets, with large round tables with solid color tablecloths and matching napkins.  Lunch is always eaten at 12:30 pm and lasts about an hour. People have lunch together everyday and sometimes dinner as well.
When the designer and I arrived on the first day, the girls Louise had worked on her last collection with, greeted us. They were very friendly. When I needed to go to the bathroom (washroom called in China) I was accompanied by one of the girls at Bonsai, incase I needed anything, they can help. That was one of my first surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment