Tuesday, January 22, 2013

What Comes Next?

I can't believe that is already January and that two months from next week, I will be finished with my internship at QVC! I was talking to another intern today about how quickly it has gone and frankly, it freaks me out. After this, I know that I have the spring and summer semesters of classes, and then it is time for my senior year! Lately, I have been thinking relentlessly about what I will do after graduation. Do I want to stay in Philly for one more year? Do I want to go to graduate school? Will I move to New York City? Will I even be able to find a job? I can go on and on with these questions...there are so many things about the future that I am unsure of, but one thing that I have come to realize is that I would love to work in an environment like QVC again.

I think that I have come to realize that where I work doesn't matter, I just have to feel comfortable with the people and my surroundings. I have never met nicer people than my coworkers at QVC. They are so peasant and understanding and I thoroughly enjoy going to work everyday. I am the type of person who needs to feel comfortable before I open up in a situation, and I believe that I have grown comfortable enough to really make friendships with the people I am currently working with now. I have always been taught that "if you love what you do, you won't work a day in your life," originally I didn't think that this was possible, but I have come to realize that it is very much true.

Although I may not know all the answers about my future, I think that I am on the right path to finding out what suits me best. If I end up at QVC, that would be great but if I don't, I am sure that I will find what I need in my life. As a person who goes by how I feel in a place and with the people, I can be happy as long as I have good people in my life. This makes me nervous sometimes, too because I know that fashion is a cut throat industry and sometimes people get stressed, but I am noticing that a balance of work and downtime is necessary to be successful and productive in both life and in work.

2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about senior year quickly approaching. Do you think you will try to continue part-time with QVC after your co-op is over?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to, I'm just not sure how that will all work out with classes and everything. I think the hardest thing is actually getting there and back.

    ReplyDelete