Monday, January 14, 2013

Chapters and Changes


            One chapter in the book of my career recently closed and another one is beginning. My three month internship with the Chamber of Commerce came to its conclusion just before the holidays. With this end, I am now focusing solely on my internship at Philadelphia Magazine.
            With some more time on my hands, I am working on my blog in addition to making preparations for graduate school. Compared to last term in which I worked two jobs and had the responsibilities of a Vice President for my sorority, my weekly schedule is slower. It is definitely an adjustment but it’s allowing me to pursue other options and projects.
            Additionally, the marketing department at Philadelphia Magazine is altering its structure and will be undergoing several big changes. I am not exactly sure what this means for my internship but I am eager to find out. I will have a new boss but will also be working closer with higher-level employees. Hopefully, this will result in greater responsibility and new projects to add to my resume and background.
            Rather than shy away in fear of these changes and upcoming challenges, I am optimistic about what doors will open and how I will grow. I am excited to share with you all that will take place; It is time to celebrate change and opportunity! 

1 comment:

  1. I had thought about breaking up my co-op into 2 three month long internships, but I was afraid of the way I would adjust to each of them. I have found that it takes a little time for me to get used to new work environments, but from reading about your last internship and seeing your excitement about this new one, I can tell that breaking up the six months could work! Good luck at Philly Mag :)

    ReplyDelete