Monday, April 8, 2013

A reporting from A&A

For the next 6 months I am working for the Entertainment Division at Alex and Ani in my home state of Rhode Island. Alex and Ani is a jewelry brand rooted in the message of positive energy. Their products adorn the body while enlightening the mind. If those of you reading this have never heard of Alex and Ani, I HIGHLY suggest you check out their website, as they have gorgeous pieces that have deep spiritual meaning. To boot, Alex and Ani is the perfect gift for a special someone, as the product assortment is extensive, and as they emphasize individuality, there truly is something for everyone! Sidenote: No, the latter statements are not promotion for my company, however, they serve as a prelude to what could be a wondrous promotion to your fashion accessories! See for yourself at www.alexandani.com. Go on, I dare you!

Currently, in the Entertainment Division, we are working on the promotion of the Path of Life Tour featuring Colour of London aimed at visiting various colleges and universities in the New England area.  Today was my first full day working at the office headquarters. So far, every work day has been a long one and when I come home I get ready for the next. Today I reviewed our emails and created a spreadsheet of our employee's collegiate history as a base to which we can use for the locations of the Path of Life tour. I also edited a poster advertisement promoting a photoshoot, live concert, and music video production of our featured band Colour of London that will all take place this Wednesday at an old historic theatre in Rhode Island. Along with my team, we then shared the advertisement and created messages to go along with each social media outlet we advertised them on, i.e. Facebook and Twitter, and a more old school outlet, our company email. Today was a long day, however, I am starting to get the hang of things being in an office around many professional employees. I do miss the feel of being around fellow classmates my age, however I gladly hand that over with the return of a paycheck! Plus, they have brewed coffee ready for us each morning... Yes, I am very excited for that. Life is about savoring the little things, one cup at a time, and I plan to enjoy every free refill I get!


Until next time...
A

No comments:

Post a Comment