Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Analyzing the PopShop Retail Model


After focusing the first two weeks of my internship with PopShop on the first trunk show event, there is finally time to reflect. I had a great time at Knit Wit last Wednesday night. I was able to network with many start-up companies, who all gave me great advice. Each company had unique stories and different pathways to success.

The four online brands featured at the trunk show will be on display at Knit Wit for two weeks. It is a great opportunity to try products that normally you wouldn’t have the chance to physically touch or

see before purchasing. I myself bought a beauty product from Peach & Lily, an online and exclusive distributor of Korean and Japanese cosmetics that you can only buy through them. I was sold on the product after trying it at the trunk show event.

I will be traveling back to Knit Wit this week to see how the PopShop model is working in the store. There is an iPad located on the 1st floor retail space, where customers have the opportunity to purchase the online products right then and there. I will be analyzing how consumers shop and interact with the visual display and the exclusive product. This will give me great insight in order to improve this pop-up shop retail model at our next event.

Until next time,
Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment