Sunday, April 7, 2013

Welcome To New York City!


Welcome to New York City!

            The time had finally come! Co-op has now arrived and at full force. I am interning at Elie Tahari in New York City and also getting the amazing experience to live there.
            At Elie Tahari I am working with the Domestic Sales team as one of their two interns. My first day I thought would be nothing but introductory things, but the team put me right to work. My main responsibility is to organize and check-in and out samples that come from the sample closet or the showroom. This requires me to check and update client’s requests on a program called “Sample Closet”. This program allows me to see which customer requests what garment(s) and what garments are already in use from other clients. Once I make sure that the garment is either in the sample closet or showroom, I approve the garment and then send it to shipping where the garment will be delivered. These clients include employees of Elie Tahari, who need the garments for public relation purposes, photo shoots, etc. Another responsibility of mine is checking in and out garments from the department stores (Saks, Nordstrom, Bloomingdales, Neiman Marcus, and Bon Ton.
            When I am not working on Sample Closet, I am helping the Domestic Sales team with a variety of in house tasks. This maybe going over detailed spreadsheets of the current season to see if the order for each department store matches up correctly, pulling reports to see how the most recent sales buys went, or helping run small fashion shows for clients. There is not a dull moment at work, I am consistently busy, but feel very welcomed from the whole team, not just an intern that gets coffee. I cannot wait to share more of my exciting new experiences, may it be at the office or just my living experience in a new city!

No comments:

Post a Comment