Friday, April 19, 2013

Day in & Day out




So since I spent last week telling you all about this beautiful city (NYC), I figured I would take this post to tell you about my job. I chose to complete my co-op at Linda Gaunt Communications (LGC); it is a strategic marketing and communications agency with a specialty in fashion, beauty and lifestyle. Hunter boots, Clover Canyon and Trina Turk are just a few of our clients. LGC is a small boutique agency; there are only 12 people in my office which makes for a more intimate and open working environment.

I found this co-op outside of the Drexel system and could not be happier with my choice. I initially thought an independent search would be difficult and time consuming, researching and calling all of the companies but I was so wrong. Since I already knew what I was interested in, I simply went on google and searched “Top fashion PR firms in NYC”. I wrote down all of the phone numbers that came up in my search and proceeded to call all of them, asking if they were looking for Spring/Summer interns. After getting contact information, I sent my resume and then the rest was history. I ended up accepting the first offer I got, knowing that it was the best choice for me. Word of advice- go with your gut even when people tell you to explore your other options.

I now spend my days doing press clips, keeping track of the sample closet, sending out samples, developing pitches and so much more. I really could not be happier to spend the next six months here, learning from the staff and edging my way into the fashion industry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment