Wednesday, April 24, 2013

First Week


Hello all!

My name is Sam Laverty and I’m a junior in the D&M program, here at Drexel. I was on coop Fall/Winter and I’m now back in classes. Why am I posting on here you ask? Well, a few days before the term began I decided to apply for an internship at Free People. The application process took about a week and a half but I am happy to say I am now the new Free People Public Relations Intern!

This past week (week 3) was my first week. I work three days a week and have class the other two days, along with a night class on one of the workdays. Needless to say, I’m pretty busy. However, my first week went really smoothly. I was initially a little worried if I could handle everything and make the timing work, but it all went well.

So my first day was Tuesday, April 16th and of course my biggest worry, as any D&M would say, was what to wear. Free People is hands down my favorite brand and I’ve always dreamed of working for them so this opportunity is unbelievable and very exciting.

When I first arrived at the Naval yard I was in love with all of the buildings. The décor is amazing and so true to brand. There are so many beautiful things to look at I was trying to soak them all in. I met my team, all of which are so nice and welcoming, and right away was asked to sit in on a little team meeting. Listening to them discuss things to do with the week was very interesting and I know I have a lot to learn from each of them. After that, the week consisted of learning operational things, like online programs and office layout.

I’m so excited to see what else is in store and how this opportunity will blossom into a sure to be amazing experience. 


No comments:

Post a Comment