Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Adjusting

As soon as I step of the train each morning I have no choice but to turn into one of the animals in the zoo.  New York city is known to be fast pace and exciting when really it is a Jungle full of late people always in a rush because they never have enough time.  Not enough time to smile and say hello or to say excuse me.  They are sharks on the street and are even more intense in the work place.  My first day of co-op was super awkward because I got off the elevator and with my luck they were having an intense meeting and of course I came in like the clumsy new intern and dropped my earring on the floor.  My first impression of RT office was that it was a work environment that was similar to my morning commute from Newark to New York you never really get used to it you “get thrown in”.  And sometimes it is better to get use to the temperature of the pool when you do.  I just hope I learn how to swim.


Rachel Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment