Tuesday, April 9, 2013

New City...New Adventures

I have lived in the Philadelphia suburbs all my life, minus the year before I transferred to Drexel in 2010, and was going to college in Boston. Even though I lived outside of the city, Philly has been apart of my whole twenty-two years; may it be going to Phillies games, shopping with friends, or going to Reading Terminal Market with my family. Moving to a whole new city and embarking on this journey is so exciting, yet extremely nerve-racking; but I am not going to waste anytime getting to know New York and all it has to offer.

This past weekend brought on the beautiful spring weather! Everyone was outside enjoying their time off from work, school, or the typical daily rush of life during the week. I decided to take a run and explore the neighborhood by running to central park and explore this mass of green that truly makes New York. It seemed like everyone and anyone was spending the day at the park. Food carts, bicycle taxi rides, music, you name it there was something to do or see for all ages. As I ventured through and around the park, I ended up walking twenty blocks out of my way just watching New Yorkers slow down their hectic lives and enjoy the peace of the weekend. But in New York, as I've learned, peace and relaxation of a typical New Yorker can only go so far, even on the weekends.

My ultimate goal when living in New York is to not only get the most out of my co-op at Elie Tahari, but to experience all parts of New York. I want to go to each of the five boroughs, experience the different cultures, and definitely stay away from all the touristy things, because for these six months New York City is my oyster.
Tune in next week for more of my New York City and Elie Tahari adventures!

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment