Wednesday, March 20, 2013

A Wish Come True- A Great Co-op Experience

Hello everyone!

Well, the six months is up. I am exchanging costumes for notes in just over a week. Friday will be my last day at A Wish Come True, then I am taking a week off to catch up on doctor appointments and appointments. It is really a strange feeling to be about to leave. 

I have completed as many PPSS size-set markers as I have been given, invoices, and other various tasks. I have been slightly distracted by the fact that I am leaving, but I will not let myself slack off! I have an end of co-op review with my boss tomorrow and I have taken the opportunity to have her look over my resume. 

This is honestly it. I have tried to think of ways to keep in touch with people there. I really enjoyed getting to know everyone and spending every work day of the last six months with them! I only hope that my next job has people half as fun and friendly! I have learned so much as well. I went into what is pretty much a fashion design co-op as a d&m. I have previous experience with sewing and as d&m's we know quite a bit about fashion and colors and textiles, but I learned more about pattern pieces and fabric stretch and widths and yields. I can name colors as numbers on the AWCT color sheet. I can make sample markers and size-set markers and understand what it is I am making them for. I even know how complicated a photo shoot can be. I had the amazing opportunity to work a few of them and find shoes and accessories and make decisions about hair. 

Team PPSS Size-sets (that resemble ninja turtles to me)
My co-op at A Wish Come True gave me a lot more than I originally thought it would. I had no idea what to expect of the costume industry or of an office, in general. But it exceeded all my expectations and I even got to design my own hip hop style costume. 

photo.JPG
My designs: the bottom one is being made!
There is nothing better than feeling like the last six months were worth the hours of hard work and effort that I put into every day classes. I acquired a great deal of knowledge and enjoyed being a grown-up.

Well, that is all I have to say about my co-op experience. I will miss it terribly bad and I wish I could somehow stay longer! This definitely has made Drexel worth it.

Thanks for reading everyone!
-Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment