Thursday, March 21, 2013

The End!


I can’t believe that this is really my last week at Free People, and also at Anthropologie.  It’s amazing how fast these six months have gone, especially these past three with working full time.  I am truly going to miss both sets of work friends and environments.

On Monday, my boss Ali took me out to lunch.  On Wednesday, she was going to a vintage shoot in New Hope and couldn’t be here for me last day.  We went to Honey’s Sit and Eat and had a nice meal together.  We chatted for a while about upcoming business and what’s in store for the future.  She seemed really sad to see me go – but you never know what the future can hold!

My other boss and I had lunch together on Wednesday.  It was a pretty laid back day, and I was sad to pack up my desk and see it all bare.  I will really miss working at Home Office! (Not just because of Pretzel Wednesdays…)

I’ve taken away so much from both of my internships.  I’ve learned a hard day’s work, and that you have to get your hands dirty sometimes (or a lot, when you’re working in an art room).  Working for no pay is extremely rewarding, and I met so many lovely people.  I will especially miss my Anthro family that I’ve gotten to know so well over the past six months.  I will miss hearing their stories at lunch, and laughing over the crossword puzzles we couldn’t finish.  

Needless to say, I’m happy to get back to school though and extremely excited for what the next chapter of my life holds!  Thanks for reading everyone, and good luck with the end of all your jobs as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment