Thursday, March 21, 2013

Finishing Up

       This past week at The North Face/Full Circle Group LLC has been very bittersweet. It's going to be difficult to go from doing the same thing for 6 months, to jumping into classes in 2 weeks. Yesterday, our team went to our NJ showroom in Wycoff, NJ to scan and pack up our Fall 2013 samples. It was a longggggg day. Now, I'll be matching that clothing set up with our other reps Fall 2013 clothing sets and getting them ready to ship back to The North Face in California. I am going to continue helping out at the West Chester office when I resume classes as well.
      One thing I'm going to focus on next week when I have off work and classes, is updating all of my work-related materials. I will be printing all of the marketing ads that I've done here so I can add them to my portfolio. I also had my coworker help me with properly updating my resume. Even if you think you are fine to do this on your own, DON'T. My coworker was able to give me exact numbers on everything that I've done here, which is very important on a resume. For example, I did a sales initiative for our baselayer series (which is all I would have been able to put on my resume), but after I talked to Eileen, my coworker, she was able to tell me that the baselayer project I did brought in $15,000 in additional sales. Your coworkers also have a better idea of what future employers will be looking for on your resume. Once I completely polish up my resume, I will also be updating my LinkedIn profile. It's funny how social media is influencing even our professional life. Hope everyone has a good last week at Co-op!

No comments:

Post a Comment