Saturday, March 16, 2013

Copywriting


What’s better than a good listener? A good listener that takes what you said and puts those thoughts into action! And that’s exactly what my boss did for me and I am so grateful!

Since the restructuring of my co-op’s department (hiring new people, reassigning responsibilities, decrease of staff members), my assignments at work at have changed direction. At the halfway point of my internship, my boss asked me what I have enjoyed doing most and what I wanted to focus on moving forward. I explained to her that I love to write and want to learn as much as possible about digital marketing and writing for the web. With this in mind, she assigned me to assist the new digital marketing director.

The digital marketing director is responsible for all marketing that happens online. This includes the website and social media. Our social media really needed a makeover and that’s what I have devoted most of my time towards. We put into place an entirely new social media approach and we’re only six weeks in and have already seen a drastic increase in followers and social media interaction!

This has been a great opportunity for me because it’s a creative project that has concrete and very evident results. My boss informed me that since the new approach was put into place, our followers have increased by 150% each week!

Additionally, this challenge allowed me to explore a new skill: copywriting! It’s definitely a challenge to promote a magazine and the products that our sponsors want us to talk about in under 140 characters with pizzazz and wit, but it’s a challenge I always love. Copy writing is also a skill that I have carried over to my own blog, Fashion Matter(n)s. Moving forward, I hope to enhance this skill forward and utilize it in my career. 

No comments:

Post a Comment