Thursday, February 26, 2015

Culotte Convert

This week I attended Coterie, which is a trade show with Shoshanna. The trade show gives buyers for boutiques all around the world the opportunity to come and few the new collections from hundred of different designers. I can’t think of a single wholesale retailer who didn’t have a booth representing their company. While this wasn’t the first trade show I had been to with Shoshanna this was so much bigger then the other one we attended it felt like a completely different experience. 
The biggest difference between Coterie and the trade show I had been to in the past was that it was so big that the sales team had me helping them show the collection! Last Thursday they had called me into the showroom and asked if I would be willing to show to collection and of course I said yes so they walked through the collection with me and taught me the important talking points for the collection. I wasn’t sure I was actually going to have the opportunity to show but it turned out to be so busy that I had to run a few appointments on my own. I was so nervous my first time showing but after going through the collection a few times with the buyers I could feel myself relaxing. All of the buyers I met with were very nice but you could tell that they had been sitting through a lot of different presentations and sometimes they looked like they couldn’t wait for you to be finished, which did not help with nerves! I was so happy that my bosses trusted me enough to present to the buyers and that they seemed really happy with how I did at the end.

Another fun part of going to the show was that we got to wear Shoshanna and keep what we wear. I loved what I got to wear because none of the dresses were styles I normally would choose. The first day I wore a culotte jumpsuit, which was defiantly the most abnormal look for me. When culottes became a trend I was hesitant to try them because I remembered wear a version of them as a little kid and looking back I would not repeat my outfits from back then. I tried the jumpsuit on a whim and I am so glad I did! Now that I understand more about how to dress for my figure I was able to pair the jumpsuit with much better accessories then when I was younger and it ended up being very flattering. I am officially a culotte convert and I can already tell I will get a lot more use out of the jumpsuit then I ever would have thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment