Tuesday, February 24, 2015

New York Fashion Week at 80 West 40th Street

           As most of New York was buzzing with all the New York Fashion Week madness this past week, the Rebecca Taylor offices were relatively calm. This year Rebecca Taylor decided to not put on a fashion show, which honestly was a little disappointing to me. I went into my co-op super excited to be able to participate in NYFW and be able to help put together a show for Rebecca Taylor. I know Rebecca Taylor and the rest of the company had great reasons for not doing a fashion show this year and they have many exciting things in store for the future.
            Instead of a fashion show we decided to attack the publicity a little differently. We invited numerous editors and reporters to get first sees of our Fall 2015 collection in person. We also set up interviews for Rebecca to get featured in publications to make sure her name got out there during fashion week. Most of our work was done prior to fashion week, so I know my bosses were kind of happy to not have to deal with the craze of NYFW stress.
            I am really excited about our new Fall 2015 collection though! It is beautiful and I need every dress!! It is such a good representation of what Rebecca Taylor is all about and I encourage everyone to check it out on style.com. All of the editor meetings took place in our office and Rebecca Taylor herself was there for every meeting. It was such a unique experience getting to hear her talk about the collection. I got to hear where her inspiration comes from and her personal connection with the collection. No matter how wonderful you think the clothes are you get a whole new appreciation for them and the designer when you hear how the collection came to be from their own point of view. This NYFW wasn’t exactly what I was expecting to see while I was here for co-op, but it still gave me great insight into the enormous amount of work it takes to participate in this huge event.  
             

            

1 comment:

  1. Guys!! I and my team are organizing events in New York We are having a team of 50 members and we all love to organize corporate events. So, if you need any help from us, please freely ask.

    ReplyDelete