Thursday, February 26, 2015

Floor Set

This week we had a floor set at Pacsun. We also had to transfer all our blue dot sale merchandise to the outlets. This was both exciting and terrible. It was terrible because we had so much merchandise to un-sensor, scan, and package but it was exciting because this means we are getting a whole bunch of spring/summer apparel. I am so sick of this winter.

 For floor set we had to make room for all the new apparel coming in. I made a wall on the guys side to display various sandals. Part of the new floor set called for me to cut yarn into various lengths and tassels to be used on a display. It's times like these where I wonder what the visual merchandiser's inspiration was and why can't they send us pre-cut strings. My favorite part about floor set is that my boss lets me design some layouts for certain tables. A nice bonus to floor set is that it is a secret workout. I had to carry heavy shelves up and down a ladder. I built a whole section to display Hurley and RVCA t-shirts. My arms were on fire after that. I've officially worked in retail long enough where folding stacks of new t-shirts for a table has become therapeutic. I was at Pacsun until midnight working on the store. 

The new layout looks amazing. It's so nice to see how far Pacsun's visual merchandisers have come since I first started working at Pacsun. It's also nice because I now understand how much work and effort goes into planning a floor set and window display. Each floor set makes the store look more amazing. It makes me really proud to work for a company that creates amazing floor sets.  

No comments:

Post a Comment