Tuesday, February 3, 2015

One Woman Show

            Last week my friends hosted a show at a club on the Upper West Side of Manhattan. She is an aspiring actress and singer and has continuously been working at getting her name out there. She rented out a club called The Triad and worked for weeks with a director on a show called Natasha and the Bass Line. It consisted of her with musical accompaniment, three male back up singers, “the bassline”, and a medley of Broadway hits and current pop mash ups.

            The venue was a beautiful quant club filled with couches, tables, and candlelight. She packed the place with more than 100 people coming to support her and see her perform. She is such a great personality, and her show did not disappoint! It was filled with humor, amazing vocals, and it was just purely entertaining. The tickets to the show were free, which was nice being on a budget, but I got caught in the trap of the bar having a required two drink minimum. I learned my lesson fast that those type of places are such a rip-off, even water cost me $7, but I guess that is typical New York!      


           Besides the show, the main highlight of the night was a celebrity sighting. Somehow, Natasha’s family is friends with the one and only Aunt Hilda from Sabrina the Teenage Witch, Caroline Rhea. If anyone loved that show as much as I did I hope you can understand my excitement. I tried not to be too much of a fan girl as I stood behind her in line, but really I was freaking out a little inside. I didn’t want to bother her because I’m sure that would have just caused a whole scene, so I didn’t say anything, but I will forever remember being in the same room with her.

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe water costed you $7! That's crazy. This sounds like it was such a fun night. I can't believe you saw Caroline Rhea, that's amazing!! Your friend seems extremely talented. That's awesome she had a night to perform.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend is a bombshell! She looks so glamorous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing! Your friend looks beautiful, and it is definitely an added bonus that you got to be in the presence of Caroline Rhea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This must have been a great event to attend. I love broadway tunes! And you're right, $7 for water is insane (but very typical for NY.)

    ReplyDelete