Thursday, February 19, 2015

Regional Manager Visit

Every so often at Pacsun we have a visit from my manager's boss, the district manager. Our district manager is extremely sweet and nice, but we always have to make sure the store looks perfect. This week we had to prepare for our regional manager to visit, our district manager's boss. Not only was it a huge deal for a regional manager to visit our teir 3 store, but our current acting regional manger is also the VP of Pacsun. This visit was going to be a huge deal.
Everyone who could make it to work came in on Tuesday night to make the store flawless. I organized the shoe wall. I built a wall to display the sandals we just got in. By far the most strenuous and tedious job was organizing our sale section. I was in charge of not only sizing all of the men's sale section but also color coordinating anything. I was on a ladder trying to fix all the clothes and size them. My arms were raised up organizing the clothes for so long they cramped up. Organizing the sale section took over two hours. I then had to refold an entire table of sweatshirts. There was over 50 different sweatshirts I had to fold perfectly. This took me another hour. I was at work until 12:30am that Tuesday. As I was leaving the store looked amazing. It was absolutely flawless. I knew we were going to nail the visit the next day.
The next time I worked after the visit I asked how it went. It turns out our regional manager spent too much time at King of Pruissa mall that day and didn't make it to our store. All the work we had all put it, and they didn't even show up to see it.  I wasn't upset just because I knew our store was perfect and they would have loved it. That's retail for you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment