Thursday, February 12, 2015

Work Family

We are all born with one family. We create a new family within our friends, but who knew we could all be gifted with a third family? I was lucky enough to be gifted with a third family. My third family is my co-workers. I was so lucky to be hired at Pacsun during a recent change. I was hired in October.  My store manager got the store in August and my assistant manager came back to the store in September. I was hired with the seasonal employees. Two other people stayed on with my through the Holiday season. After the holiday season the staff was completely new to everyone. We all came from different backgrounds and different ages, ranging from 17 to 25 years old.

Is it considered work when you're are excited to go to the job every shift? At Pacsun we have created a third family. I love all of my co-workers. I know about their goals in life, things they love and hate, and learning about the personal life. We all mesh together to reach Pacsun's goals and to go above and beyond them. This year while I enjoyed everyday working with all my co-workers we also jumped a whole tier as a store. I'm so grateful to work in a place that I love the people I work with so much that it doesn't feel like work.

No comments:

Post a Comment