Monday, February 16, 2015

Fall, already?!

In just 5 months of work, I have already worked with an entire years worth of collections, starting with shipping Fall 14, then proceeding with Resort 15, Spring 15, Prefall 15 and now I can hardly believe we are back to Fall. Just this past week we began working with Fall 15. The fashion show is this week so design already has all of their first sample looks ready, now, it is productions role to grade up the sizing, start making samples, ordering fabric, gathering trim and so on. My boss, the head of production, just got back from Italy where one of our factories is that does about 60% of our production while the rest is primarily in New York. While over in Italy, she goes to the factory and basically sits in a room for 3 days and goes through each style they're producing (in this case for Fall 15) and tries it on with their fit model. I typically go to our fittings every week here in New York and I know that trying on 3 styles can easily turn into an hour long session, so I can't imagine how fitting 100 styles goes!

Upon my bosses arrival back in the US, she had a ton of new information for me to update, and most importantly the photos from the fittings. My task for this week will be adding the fitting photos to the tech packs. I'm sure most of you know, but tech packs are given to every style and they are basically the bones of the garment and everything that the factories need to produce the style is in the tech pack. When I first create the tech packs for the new season, it gives me a change to get familiar with the collection and in two days 

No comments:

Post a Comment