Sunday, March 1, 2015

Barrymore's in the House

One of my favorite clients is Drew Barrymore's make-up line, Flower. I'm on the fashion division at my co-op but I also help out with beauty and lifestyle. I was very lucky and was asked to work Drew Barrymore's Flower event. The event was held at a bowling place in Times Square. Drew's newest spring/summer Flower collection was on display in the bowling room that we rented out along with huge posters with Drew wearing Flower. There was also a french fries bar with four different types of fries and a delicious specialty cocktails. Drew is so adorable and nice! She asked me to get her a darker shade of make-up for her mother-in-law and when I brought it to her she was ecstatic, gave me a big thank you and hugged me. I was freaking out on the inside after Drew Barrymore hugged me. A celebrity has never hugged me! I was so excited! I've been a huge fan of Drew Barrymore throughout my life. I wanted to tell her that Fever Pitch (being a Boston girl and Red Sox fan) is one of my favorite movies that she's in, but resisted because I feel like fans freak out to her all the time. She also gave me and the other intern, Emily, a huge once the event ended. She seems so down to earth and very normal. Not a diva at all! She was so kind, friendly and such a joy to meet. Plus getting two hugs from Drew Barrymore was absolutely insane!

 


2 comments:

  1. Okay this is incredible! It's so nice to hear that celebrities can be down to earth like that. I am so jealous that you got to meet her and be part of this event. You seem to have a lot of fun opportunities at your co-op, and I'm sure it's going to be hard to go back to class in a month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh I am so jealous!! You seriously have the most awesome experiences at your co-op! I'm glad you are doing all of these things and getting exposure to all aspects of the industry. I always thought Drew was a cool, down to earth girl, good to know that there is faith in celebrity-humanity :)

    ReplyDelete