Friday, March 6, 2015

Worth the Wait


     There are 16 boxes left for me to go through…

     What. Is. Even. Happening.

     I am amazed at how everything has come together! I know I said last week that I’d probably finish this week, but this upcoming week is for sure! (Unless, of course, I’m in some freak accident over the weekend and I break both my arms. Let’s go with not, though.)

     After a good week or so of finding some of the same kinds of things over and over, I thoroughly appreciate the great finds I’ve found recently. There have been plenty of occasions where the best objects are on the bottom of a stack of boxes – part of me wonders if that’s intentional, or if the universe is just making me work for the fun stuff. This time, the fun stuff came in the form of neon patterns and exotic shoes.

     Devan (a fellow D&M) and I came across a box of more modern garments, including a number of Lilly Pulitzer pieces. If you aren’t familiar with Lilly, her designs are characterized by bright, multicolored, often floral prints. Once you’ve seen a Lilly, it’s pretty easy to tell other Lillys. My own sensibilities don’t gravitate towards preppy fashion, but I can see why the company is as popular as it is.

     Personal favorites: The lamb/sheep printed pants with coordinating polo, and the elephant dress.


    
 On a totally different topic, I also happened upon a box of shoes. Normally I tend to roll my eyes, roll up my sleeves, and just get these boxes done…but in this case, my interest was truly piqued. I immediately salivate over pretty much anything that falls outside of my own heritage. To explain: I grew up dabbling in many different styles of dance, and listening to many different genres of music, which has fueled a strong curiosity and interest in other cultures. 




     There are currently a number of active projects in the main collection, but as soon as some table space opens up, I’ll be bringing these babies in!

     I’m a little anxious about finishing up the Dirty Room, to be honest. Not only is it a definite signal that Co-Op is wrapping up, but the Dirty Room has also sort of become my domain and my baby all wrapped up in one. Letting go of the level of control/responsibility I have right now might be a little difficult or strange feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment