Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Last Few Days

            It is coming down to the last few days of my time here in New York and it is very bitter sweet. I am so excited to move back to Philly and be with all my friends again, but I am definitely going to miss working at Rebecca Taylor. My time working in the PR department has been very special and unique. I have learned more than I every thought I would, and it has given me true insight into what a job in this field would be like. I’ve been working in a fast paced environment where a lot is expected from everyone, but at the same time the office is always in a fun high-energy mood.
            My last few weeks on the job have been very different than the past 6 months. My boss is going to be a man down once I leave and she wants to make sure the new interns will be able to handle the workload. My main job has been to mostly supervise the interns and train them to be more efficient. The two other interns have been with the company for about a month now, but since they don’t work everyday they just aren’t able to complete tasks as quickly as my boss and me. Also, they don’t know the collections as well, so there are always a lot of questions when they have to do sample pulls and check outs. I was asked to minimize the about of questions they will have after I am gone, and make sure they are capable of completing all their tasks correctly. My boss has other things she needs to focus on, and she doesn’t want to have to worry whether the samples are being checked in and out correctly. 
            It has been very interesting changing my roll in the department a little. I no longer have been doing my daily tasks, but rather running an “intern boot camp”.  I know the first few weeks of an internship are difficult, as you are learning how everything runs and learning all of the clothing; it is a lot to memorize. I hope my last few weeks of training has helped them feel more comfortable in their position, and more capable at their jobs. Rebecca Taylor is trying to grow and expand, which means each department has increased goals they have to meet. This equals more work for everyone, and I don’t want to leave my boss with any more work than she already has.

            Although my time is almost over, I look forward to being back in Philly. I plan to go back and visit everyone in my office since we have gotten so close, and I can’t wait to add this amazing experience to my resume!

1 comment:

  1. I agree that it is so bittersweet to leave! It's great that you were able to run a intern boot camp as I'm sure it helped the new interns so much. From what you have written in the past I'm sure you will agree that it would have been nice if someone did that for us! Congrats on finishing and doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete