Monday, March 2, 2015

Ohh NYC, I will miss you so

   Throughout my time in New York City, I have done some pretty awesome things that are definitely only things that could or would happen in this crazy city. I tried to make it a goal to do, and see the most wild things this city has to offer while I'm here for 7 months. While I have accomplished a lot, this last month winding down is making me realize there is still so much more I want to get out of this city. I've been to the most trendy restaurants, toured all of the best museums, seen countless broadway shows (most recently Bradley Coopers' whom I met after <3), shopped at the chicest stores, partied at the wildest clubs. Yet, I'm still feeling sad about leaving because I know the city is going to go on without me and I'm not ready for that yet, I'm already experiencing a serious fear of missing out. Even my cute little apartment on the 5th floor of a walk-up, I have learned to love and make my own. My neighborhood, the cute little diner down the block that has saved me time and time again from death by hangover. Serendipity across the street, where I can go and take down an entire sundae and have an excuse to stay in and watch Netflix all night. My 600 square feet of NYC will be missed greatly.
    This past weekend was certainly one for the books. One of my best friends from Drexel came up to visit and she definitely got a good glimpse of the NYC life. Friday night we headed to the West Village to meet up with some of my friends, from there, my friend informed us that we were going to a recording studio and shooting a music video with some artists who thought he was going to be the next Chris Brown. Once again, only a Friday night activity prevalent in New York. So, we went and it was hilarious. The recording space was very legit with a sound room and all of that fancy stuff you see on TV, but I was mostly concerned with the bar and the stack of pizza boxes. I really didn't want to be in the video so I avoided the camera at all costs, usually with a piece of pizza in my hand looking like the least attractive human at the party. Then, Saturday morning we woke up and walked to central park where we got brunch then we just continued to walk though the park for what must have been 5 miles. We ended up going to the Met Museum and spent some time looking through the galleries there. That night was a wine and Serendipity kind of night. Sunday we woke up and went downtown to a notorious boozy brunch spot accompanied by live jazz and 92 cent drinks. About 4 hours later we finally left and my friend had to head home back to Philly. I think she was a little blown away by the city and was ready to leave this wild town. Though I am totally looking forward to being back in Philly and seeing all my friends in classes everyday, there is something about this city that inspires me to keep up with it, and I will miss it so.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment