Friday, March 20, 2015

Peace Out NYC, It's Been a Little too Real

 Okay so I am extremely excited to leave NYC! Yeah I'll miss my job and the easiest access to food ever, but I think I am ready to take a break from this busy lifestyle (maybe even a forever break). My job is awesome, and I have learned more than I had ever imagined, but living here really takes a toll on your physical, mental, and emotional health. I know that once I move back to Philly I'll start to feel more like myself again. I feel most comfortable in a laid back environment, so if I end up moving back here after I graduate, I'd really have to search hard for a quiet area. There are definitely positive sides to living in the city, which are mostly self explanatory. You can find almost anything in NYC, and it's a great place to explore and learn more about yourself. I've made so many friends and memories here, and I will never forget this experience. I'm confident in my work at Nation Design, and it feels great to be leaving on such a positive note with the company. I've worked my butt off for the past six months! Knowing that I can handle working a full time job is a huge confidence booster.
     I've been reflecting a lot on when I first got here, and it's crazy to think about how much I've grown as a person since I've moved here. I remember that when I first moved here, my phone broke, and I had to be completely phone-less for a month- right when I moved here! This means that I had to figure out the subway system without (get ready) google maps or a subway system app. It was terrifying at first, but immediately getting thrown out of my comfort zone like that pushed me to be more independent and figure things out on my own. That situation really set the tone for the rest of my time in NYC, as this experience has been all about getting thrown out of my comfort zone (and I literally mean thrown with full force). I feel so much more independent after living in NYC, and it's a great feeling!
     I've been packing up my room all week, and I make the big move to Philly tomorrow morning. I'm looking forward to seeing my family for a few days, and to being reunited with my friends and boyfriend soon. There are still lots of great things to come, even though I will miss living in NYC!

No comments:

Post a Comment