Thursday, March 12, 2015

Online Orders

This week at Barns & Nobles I learned how to process online web orders. So far, it's my favorite thing to do! We print out the recent orders that were placed on our online store. After printing out the orders, we have to find the items on the floor as well as in back room. Next, we used a program that scans the receipt and processes the order. There's a lot of simple filling out of information and printing out UPS shipping labels. After getting the return slips, receipts, and shipping labels we can then box them up. We have various sizes of boxes. We put the items in a Barns & Nobles bag and then place them in the box with the return slip and receipt. After that, we take the boxes and place the shipping labels on. Next, we place the boxes in the back for the UPS to pick them up. The whole process is relaxing. I love seeing how many orders on the online store we get. I also like to see where all the  boxes are going. I've seen them ship to Florida and New Mexico. Who knew there were so many Drexel fans across the country?

I can't believe this term is already over. I start my full time position in two weeks. It feels like this term flew by. It seems like yesterday I was interviewing for the position and now I'm about to begin my co-op officially. I can't wait to start.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's amazing that you're already learning so much about what really happens behind the scenes in stores. It sounds like you're going to love your co-op, and it seems like your experience at PacSun will really make you stand out. Good luck with everything! :)

    ReplyDelete