Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Dreaming of Spring in Snowstorms

It may have been a quiet week at Shoshanna after the trade show last week but my weekend was more then full with a visit from my Mom and Brother! My parents and brothers live in California so getting to see them is always a special occasion. It was non-stop weekend, as we had to go to Baltimore for my brother to audition to get into college. None of us had ever been before so I was looking forward to getting to see a new city. Unfortunately by the time we got there on Saturday we only had time for dinner and waking up to the snowstorm didn’t allow for much exploring on Sunday. We ended up leaving early afternoon to try to beat the storm back however we had no luck and ended up getting stuck in the ice rain for hours. While my mom grew up on the east coast my brother had never been here in the winter before so it was defiantly a shock for him.

In addition to the long car ride on Saturday I was in for another one on Tuesday thanks again to the snow and freezing rain. While it normally takes me about 50 minutes to an hour to get home on the bus it ended up taking over 2 and a half hours. Needless to say I have never been more ready for spring! Thankfully the design team has been starting to design the new swimwear line for 2016 so at least while I’m in the office I can dream of warmer days and pretend its not as cold outside. I cant believe its already March and I only have 3 weeks left! While I’m defiantly ready to get back to school and all my friends, I think I could stay at Shoshanna for longer and wish I could do both at the same time!

1 comment:

  1. Good seeing you today :) I am SO ready for spring as well!! Walking around the city this winter has been brutal but today was a good glimpse of spring. This week is actually my last week of work since I started a month early. It's definitely a bitter sweet feeling, I will miss working for Derek Lam but I never thought I'd be saying I'm ready to go back to school!

    ReplyDelete