Thursday, March 19, 2015

The End

Today was my last day at Shoshanna and to say it was bitter sweet would be an understatement. While I’m excited to head back to Drexel and see me friends (after going home to California for spring break) it was so sad leaving. My last week there was full of jobs that I needed to finish, as I was the only intern who was able to do them. This made things very busy but it made me feel that my presence really would be missed.
For my last day my bosses got me Baked by Melissa cupcakes and made me the sweetest card. Shoshanna has a tradition of having everyone gather in our showroom to surprise people with their favorite baked goods and a card on their birthday. I was not expecting them to do anything like that for my last day so I was so surprised when I got up from my area to ask one of the sales assistants something and everyone was gone! It was so nice to have everyone together and the VP of our company telling stories of the early days of Shoshanna. She has been there for over 10 years and when she talks about the styles they made and what the office was like it all sounds so different! One of the things she was talking about was how Stacy Bendet who created Alice and Olivia was the first person to design a website for the company. I had no idea that Stacy Bendet started out as a web designer! It was so fun to get to learn fun facts about Shoshanna on my last day.
Talking about how Shoshanna started made me think of what I was like when I started! I was so nervous and so scared of doing a bad job that I ended up working extra hard which ended up opening so many doors for me. Since I had done a good job with the daily tasks that they were giving me I was allowed to do so much more then some other interns I work with such as helping work our fashion week event and showing the collection at market. Looking back I didn’t need to be anywhere near as nervous as I was but in a way I am happy I was since it benefitted me in the long run.

When I first started writing in September, I wrote about how I wasn’t 100% sure what area of fashion I wanted to be in. While I had a pretty good idea I wanted to do PR I took my job at Shoshanna so that I could see what every department was doing. I defiantly got to see everything and even became more interested in Ecommerce thanks to seeing a variety of departments. Shoshanna was defiantly the best place I could have chosen to work as I got to work in every department and seeing what everyone does solidified my desire to work in PR or Ecommerce. I can’t wait to go back and visit!

1 comment:

  1. Getting confirmation, or getting a better idea, of what you want to do is absolutely one of the main goals of Co-Op (at least in my mind), so I'm really glad that you've managed to do that! Congrats.

    ReplyDelete