Sunday, March 15, 2015

New York I Love You

On Friday night my boyfriend, James, took me out to an amazing Asian/sushi restaurant called, Zuma. The restaurant has only been open for six weeks and has quickly become one of the hot spots in NYC. We found out the original restaurant is in London. I found out last week that I'll be studying abroad there this summer, so I'll definitely will have to check it out. The restaurant had a very cool ambiance with laser cut metal designs on the walls, stone panels and wooden floors. We had a late reservation, not till 10:00PM. The restaurant was very fun to people watch. For dinner we had an incredible meal. For appetizers we got prawn and black cod dumplings, tuna maki roll and seabass sashimi with yuzu, salmon roe, and truffle oil. It was absolutely amazing! Our entrees were very good as well. James and I had so much fun talking about all the amazing and hilarious memories we have shared the past six months. I still can't believe how fast it went. I feel like I just started.


On the way to the restaurant there was an advertisement for the Empire State Building and in the ad it said that you could go to the top of the Empire State until 2:00 AM. So after dinner, James and I went to the Empire State. It was about 1:00AM. There was no line, and not many people so it almost felt like we were sneaking in. The view from the top was absolutely spectacular. The city looked gorgeous all lit up. All the buildings and cars looked so small. It was such a romantic spot and such a fun adventure to do on my last weekend.

It's been an amazing six months. I've learned so much about myself and have become a stronger worker and overall person. I came to NYC nervous and afraid but now I'm leaving as an independent hard worker. I learned so much at my Co-op and loved everything about it. From the events I got to work, becoming friend with the intern, who I'll keep in touch with, becoming close with my co-workers, exploring NYC and even finding my Mr. Big. It's been an incredible six months and I'm going to miss my Co-op, NYC and boyfriend very much when I leave this week. Luckily, Philadelphia is so close to NYC and hopefully a year from now I'll be back in the big city working. I love NYC and it's where I want to live for the rest of my life so this city hasn't seen the last of me yet. 

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to spend your last week in NYC! You and your boyfriend are so cute, I'm sure you're going to miss him a lot while but luckily you're only a short train ride away :) enjoy your last week at work!

    ReplyDelete