Monday, March 9, 2015

The Final Week

This week is my last week working at Derek Lam. They had asked me to start working a month earlier than the Drexel start date, so I began the last week of August. In return, they are letting me leave a bit early so I can have a bit of a spring break. I finish on Wednesday and then on Friday I will be heading to Australia for some vacation and to visit a friend. I needed to do something fun that would make leaving NYC bearable!! I will definitely miss this place.

Of course, this week at work is super busy. I stayed late today and was running all around midtown, picking and dropping off various items and completing my projects within the office. I really enjoy working for Derek Lam, everyone in the office is so nice and the whole atmosphere has definitely showed me the type of company I want to work for. I finally feel like I am getting the hang of everything and now it is time to leave. Hopefully I made a good impression and I will be able to work with them in the future.

This past weekend, my family came up to help me move all of my stuff out and have one last hurrah in the city. We went to this restaurant I've been dying to go to for the past few months called, Marea. It's near Columbus Circle and I first saw it on an instagram account called "NYC Food Gals". The food they were posting from there looked so ridiculously good I had to try it for myself. I made the reservation about a month ago and a few weeks later I saw that Miley Cyrus and her boyfriend had eaten there on Valentines Day which is pretty cool. It was everything the pictures portrayed and more, probably one of the best dinners I've ever had. It was Italian and Mediterranean food with a focus on fresh fish and homemade pastas. We also went to a broadway show, Matilda, which was one of my siblings and I favorite movie growing up. It was absolutely awesome. Overall, a great last weekend in NYC and I'm ready for what's next.

2 comments:

  1. It is a bitter sweet ending I'm sure finishing up your co-op, but your spring break plans sound like so much fun!! Your last weekend in New York sounded like a good one. I just saw Matilda too, and it is amazing!! The kid actors so crazy talented, it's nuts! Well, congrats on finishing co-op and have a blast on spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing co-op! It sounds like you made your last week count and I am sure you left all your co-workers with a great memory of you. Australia is such a fun way to celebrate being done as well as soften the blow of going back to school. Hope you have a great time!

    ReplyDelete