Monday, April 6, 2015

The First Week

I work for Barns & Nobles College at Drexel University. I'm a buying intern. I help merchandise the floor plan, create window displays, visually merchandise the product, as well as help out with the buying of Drexel wear. I started training for this position in February. I've been at the store for almost two months at this point. Every day there is something new and exciting to tackle. I love it so far.

My first was extremely crazy. I'm so glad I was trained prior to the first day of co-op. The first week of a new term is called rush week at the store. It's insanely crazy, filled with students trying to buy and order their textbooks. There are also tons of tour groups coming in and out of the store. It's completely crazy. It's like Black Friday...except it lasts for five day straight. I helped ring up textbooks, check textbooks for pickup, restock the floor, direct the long lines at the register and that was just on Monday. My feet have never hurt so bad. 

Throughout the week there were a bunch of ups and downs. I got to re do the window at the store. I designed and picked out the outfits in the window. If you're still in Philly stop by and check it out! I had the most exhausting first week. It was also my first time working a 40 hour work week. The phrase TGIF has never meant so much to me. Overall, I had a great first week and I can't wait for next. 

No comments:

Post a Comment