Monday, April 27, 2015

Alone for the Day

Today my boss had taken the day off so I was in charge of sales floor. I was extremely excited and stressed. I wanted to accomplish everything on my list of things to do and more. I really wanted to impress my boss. It was a crazy morning since I was mostly by myself. We got an outrageous number of online orders to pick and ship out. I completely forgot the school year is ending and people are getting ready to graduate! After finishing the online orders, I cleaned the store. I wanted it to look pristine so I took a lot time making sure everything hung on a hanger perfectly. Once some of my co-workers started showing up, the work day flew by. At the end of the day my co-worker and I decided to re-merchandise the gift wear section. We stared at the section to look for the untapped potential of it. After staring, and some trial error we figured it out. We condensed some gift wear so that the displays went along with a theme. We have dorm accessories, business, and alumni gift wear. We rearranged the section to correspond to these categories. We also turned the fixtures to expose product that was once hidden. It was a simple face lift but I'm hoping more sales will generate from it.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like such a busy day. I definitely have had those days as I work retail and am always having to find a new job or project to do! You sound like a very productive worker, which is obviously a good trait to have!

    ReplyDelete