Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Birthday in the City

When moving to New York City the first thing many people think of is, "the city that never sleeps". While there are many things to do in the city past 9:00pm when most stores and restaruants close, I found myself wanting to find out for myself what the night life was like in the city. It may be hard if you are under 21 to be able to truely experience the "city that never sleeps". I was lucky enough to turn 21 on April 17th, about three weeks after I moved to the city. This was so fun for me because I still have about 5 months to explore the different areas of nightlife in the city. I am so excited to go to wine tastings with friends on the weekends and be able to feel like a true New Yorker.

On my birthday my friends from Drexel surpised me in the city and we all were able to celebrate my birthday together. My parents took me and my best friend out to dinner at a restaurant called Cipriani, where we shared champagne for my special day. It was awesome being able to share this day with my friends and family. I am excited to try out some of the local bars around my area and meet new people that are working and living in the city like myself. Being able to grab a drink with coworkers after work makes it easy to get to know people better and feel included as well!



Me, my parents, and Todd at Cipriani birthday Dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment